The recent changes in Android devices have slowly begun to eliminate the need for laptops and PCs. The smartphone’s compact size, combined with its high computational power, makes it the ideal replacement for your PC.
However, for many users, recreating stylish PC software into compressed Android applications is a very challenging task. If you want to improve the functionality of your smartphone and run PC apps on it, this is the app for you. In this article, we will discuss How Do Convert EXE to APK. Let’s get started!
Every software program requires a setup file to start the installation process. This single setup file installs the software, while also creating all of the files required for the app to function properly. On a Windows device, the setup file ends with a .exe extension and is thus referred to as an EXE file aka executable file.
On the other hand Android platform, the extension is .apk, and thus the name, APK file. Both files, however, are distinct, having been created to run on entirely different platforms. Developers all over the world recognized the importance of being able to convert EXE to APK files. Continue reading to find out how you can do the same.
Also See: Best Oppo phones 2022 – You Should Buy
What Are EXE Files?
The full form of EXE is Executable File. As the name implies, the files contain a program, which is a specific type of file that can be executed or run as a stand-alone program on the computer.
What is APK?
APK stands for Android Package Kit. You can install an app on your Android device using an APK file, just like you can with EXE files on Windows. Sideloading is the process of manually installing apps using APKs.
Why is there a need for using EXE to APK converter?
There are times when you prefer doing some work on your smartphone rather than your laptop or PC. However, this file or app conversion is not always suitable, but few people around do want to make things easy for themselves.
Process Of Converting EXE file to APK
You can easily convert EXE to APK. You can either use pc or do it on your android also. Let’s see some methods to convert EXE to APK.
Process Of Converting EXE file to APK ON Windows PC
1. Use the EXE to APK Converter tool
Converting your file from EXE to APK is simple with the EXE to APK converter. Because the domain hasn’t been fully explored, the EXE to APK converter utility is one of the few PC programs that can assist with the conversion.
1. From the link given, Download the software onto your PC.
2. Extract the files from the archive. (using Winrar or 7zip)
3. Click on the application to open it, as it does not require installation to run. It is portable. So you don’t have to install it.
4. Once the app opens up, select ‘I have a portable application’ and then click on Next to proceed.
5. A window will appear asking you to select a destination folder. Navigate and Select a destination folder, then click on OK.
6. Once selected, proceed to select the EXE file that you want to be converted. Click Ok once the desired file has been selected.
7. After the file has been selected, click on Convert.
8. After the conversion process is complete, you can find the converted APK file in the destination folder. Transfer it to your Android device to install and run it.
Process Of Converting EXE file to APK ON Android
1. Use Inno Setup Extractor on Android
The Inno Setup Extractor app is available for download from the Google Play Store and can extract EXE files to reveal all of their modules. If you’re a developer looking for individual files in an EXE setup, this is the place to be. Inno will actually assist you in extracting those files and modifying the modules in order to create an APK.
Here’s how you can also use the Inno Setup Extractor:
- From the Google Play Store, you have to download the Inno Setup Extractor Application.
- You need to open the application and select both the destination folder and the EXE file you want to extract.
- When both have been selected, click on the Blue Button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- The process will then take some time, however, soon all extracted EXE files will also be saved in your selected destination folder.
2. Use the EXE to APK Converter tool
You could run some Exe files with this program. Download the Google Play Store app – AFreeBox to do this.
Download your Exe file and add it to a new folder. Bear in mind, that you should recall the folder (to locate it easily).
Run AFreeBox and type the command “cd folder name” into the command line. When the folder opens, type the name of the software you wish to run on the command line. If the device is fully compliant with AFreeBox, the.exe file will run.
How Can I Install APK File On Windows Without Converting It?
You have the option of installing APK files on your Windows PC without first converting them to EXE format. On your Windows PC, you can install APK files and other Android apps using Android emulators such as Bluestacks. Follow the instructions below to do so:
Download and install the Bluestacks on your PC. You can download the application from the official website of Bluestacks.
- Now run the application on your PC to install it.
- After installing the application, run it on your PC.
- You will be asked to sign in to your Google account. Click on Sign In and then sign in with your Google Account credentials.
- You can now install APK files on this emulator and even install apps from PlayStore.
This article explained how to convert EXE files to APK files 2022 for use on your Android device. We’ve covered how to convert EXE to APK on Android and Windows PC, so you can use whichever method you prefer. This method may not always work because not all EXE files can be converted to APK files; only some can. The emulator, on the other hand, can be used to run EXE files on your phone. We’ve also covered how to install EXE files on your Android device without having to convert them to APKs, so you can use that method as well.