We might end up in a condition, where we want to reinstall our video card drivers. Or we buy a new GPU for our pc, and you don’t know how to properly uninstall the previously installed GPU drivers. But not today, we will discuss how to properly uninstall GPU drivers.
How to Uninstall GPU drivers
The very first thing you have to do is to go into the control panel and uninstall drivers from the control panel directly. This is one of the most traditional methods of uninstalling GPU drivers. But even after uninstalling it from the control panel, there are some leftovers left in the registry files.
Also Read: Msi H97 Gaming 3 Motherboard Review
So in this case, we need some third-party. software, like DDU. DDU stands for display driver uninstaller. It is a well-known software for gamers and tech lovers. Basically, it completely uninstalls GPU and Audio drivers from your windows pc.
DDU covers the following issues:
- Uninstalling Nvidia drivers windows 10 – If you are facing any problems with your Nvidia drivers, you can use DDU to get rid of the problems. You should be able to completely uninstall them.
- Uninstalling AMD drivers windows 10 – If you are facing any problems with your AMD drivers, you can use DDU to get rid of the problems. You should be able to completely uninstall them.
- Nvidia Display Driver Deletion of old versions – If you want to completely remove the leftovers of old version drivers of Nvidia drivers, then Display Driver Uninstaller is a good option for you.
- AMD Display Driver Deletion of old versions – If you want to completely remove the leftovers of old version drivers of AMD drivers, then Display Driver Uninstaller is a good option for you.
Cleaning Drivers: Display Driver Uninstaller
This is a free and easy-to-use program that allows us to completely clean the AMD or Nvidia drivers. You can download this from here. Once you download the program. Don’t run it. It is dangerous to run it directly. There are some conditions for it to work properly.
- First thing first. Download DDU.
- Restart windows into safe mode.
- To boot into safe mode, you have to boot into advanced controls in windows 10. To enter into advance controls navigate to Settings>>Update & Security>>Recovery>>Restart PC (Under Advanced Startup) Alternatively, you can hold shift while clicking “restart” under the usual windows power menu.
- Once it boots back up to the blue screen, select “troubleshoot”
- Select “advanced options”
- Select “Startup settings”
- Click “restart”
- Press 4 on your keyboard to boot into safe mode (“Enable safe mode”)
- Once you booted into safe mode, navigate to the location where you download DDU. Run the file. Now it’s straightforward just click on the option where it Uninstalls drivers and restarts Pc. (wait for it)
- Now your display drivers should be uninstalled once you boot back into windows. Feel free to now install your new display drivers.
If you aren’t able to go into Safe Mode. You can run directly into windows 10.
As you can see, Display Driver Uninstaller is a very simple and powerful tool for uninstalling GPU drivers. It does not require installing it onto your pc.
And its compatibility is also very awesome. Display Driver Uninstaller can easily run on older versions of Windows and it supports both the 32-bit operating system and 64-bit operating systems. You can also change the language of the tool for better understanding. Maybe your native language is available in the list of translations, so make sure to check this out.
And the list of features does not stop here. It is a very lightweight program that does not consume much of your computer resources. So Display Driver Uninstaller is a very useful tool for new as well as advanced users.